8.12.2010

NOUVELLE VAGUE!!!

What on earth is nouvelle vague, one might say.. it is the French New Wave film movement that is near and dear to my hearts. It included actresses Anna Karina and Brigitte Bardot. Two of my favorites, which happen to be work of the fabulous Jean-Luc Godard, include Pierrot le Fou and Une Femme Est Une Femme. Here are a few quotes from Une Femme Est Une Femme, or A Woman is A Woman ;]

WHY ARE YOU CRYING?
BECAUSE I WISH I COULD BE BOTH LITTLE YELLOW ANIMALS AT THE SAME TIME.
YOU ALWAYS WANT THE IMPOSSIBLE.

I'M THINKING THAT I EXIST.

IS A HAPPY EVENT DIFFERENT FROM AN EVENT THAT'S HAPPY?

IN COMEDIES AND TRAGEDIES ALIKE AT THE END OF ACT THREE, THE HEROINE HESITATES, HER FATE UNCERTAIN. CORNIELLE AND MOLIERE CALL IT SUSPENS...ION.

JE SUIS UNE FEMME!!

It really is a divine little film, I recommend you see it before you die.

2 comments:

Makenzie said...

Love this movie!!

Hilary said...

Meee tooo, I'm pretty sure its my new favorite. I've been going back and watching all of them. Currently in the middle of Jules et Jim.