2.26.2010

PEN/INK REVIVAL

So, I think I've re-initiated my love for creating pen/ink drawings. I went to Texas Art the other day and probably spent more than I should have. However, quallity pens, sketchbooks, and ink do not come cheap. With that said, this is a piece I just started..
The image isn't that great because I took it with my phone. It still needs some work, but I think I might like it by the time I'm done haha. It is quite an arduous process, and the piece is larger than the scale I normally work at. I'm considering opening an art shop on etsy, I have another that I wanted to sell knits on, but during school I just don't have time for it. I just want to find a good local place around here that makes art quallity prints. I have everything for shipping, a paypal account, and I'm not afraid to attack the market, it really just barrels downt to time and resources. It would be nice to make a few $$ given the unexpected bills lately. We'll see what happens. I do have two shop fronts already on etsy, AIN'T and CITIES, and I sold one solitary item on the Cities acount haha. The other problem that I have is that I'd love to be an art rennassance woman. I love doing everything from taking pictures, to drawing, to making jewelry, to knitting, and so on. This is definitly a hindrance when it comes to developing. I'm thankful that I have the access and slight ability for all, but its difficult just to stick to one thing. I wish I had time and space for all haha. I wish I could find a darkroom in the area too so that I could finish out all my film. I miss processing. Anyways, that's enough whining for now. I have a TON of Geology homework :[
Headphones: Chicago - Sufjan Stevens

Hilary

No comments: